Established in 1985 as Carpet N Things, FLOORMAX has grown to be the largest independent flooring retailer in the DC Metro area. The name was changed from Carpet N Things to FLOORMAX in 2009 to reflect the growing demand for hard surface products like wood, bamboo, cork, laminate, ceramic and luxury vinyl. FLOORMAX is proud to be a part of the DC community and remains a locally-owned and operated family business to this day.
“When we founded the business in 1985,” according to Rafi Ansari, founder and President of FLOORMAX, “we made a conscious effort not be like the other flooring and carpet retailers in the market. Back then, and even to this day, all of us try to live by The FLOORMAX Difference.”
What is The FLOORMAX Difference? A commitment to care for you, our customers, so that all your flooring needs are met in a friendly, no-hassle way. This means:
- A complete range of products and services for all of your flooring needs. Not limited by what a salesperson can fit into the trunk of their car.
- Brand names you know and trust. Not “liquidated” products of questionable quality.
- Experienced design consultation and installation. Sales people who work with you and guide you to help realize what you had imagined for your home.
- Real value. Not inflated prices for phony “discounts” or “nickel and dime” pricing. No fake offers, false promises or high-pressure sales.
- Over a million square feet of in-stock material for immediate installation.
- All employees and installers background checked and, insured and bonded. Many Shop-At-Home salespeople aren’t even employees, they’re sub-contractors. That means the company they “work” for has no control and no responsibility for them or their actions.
- Lifetime labor warranty on select products. “Flooring experts” working out of their car are hard to find when there’s a problem.
- A dedicated Customer Service Department that’s there to take care of you.
- A locally-owned and operated family business that contributes to our communities.
“We’ve been in business for over 25 years, which says something,” adds Rafi. “Many of our customers are repeat customers or referrals. So, that tells us we have the right operating principles and values. So, I guess we’ll continue to serve our neighbors as friends and keep going for at least another 25 years.”